Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I messed up. Now I need to screw into particle board.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 12:15:03 PM UTC-4, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 12:09:34 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 07:51:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Any decent router with a 1/2" collet could handle this.

I was assuming this guy did not have as big a shop as "Norm". ;-)

Hey, I simply suggested that he install dowels and use glue. It
doesn't really matter, it appears the OP has vanished and I doubt he
has the jig required to accurately install dowels, let alone cut a
3/4" slot and install a spline.

17 hours since the first post and you assume he's vanished? Maybe he has a job
that doesn't allow him to post all day.

Why do you doubt that he can do the work? If he doesn't have a doweling jig, he can buy
one for for $30-$90 depending on how much he plans to use it in the future. If he
doesn't have a router, he can buy one. It's an extremely useful tool. I have 3. If he's
never cut a slot and/or installed a spline, does that mean he'll never be able to?

Other than the fact that he screwed up the first cut (who hasn't?) how are you able to
access his skill-set, or more importantly, his ability to learn? I've been playing around
with home repair and woodworking for many years and I'm still learning new stuff. That's
one of the reasons I do it. I like the journey. Apparently, the OP does too since he took
it upon himself to cut the door in the first place.