Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default I messed up. Now I need to screw into particle board.

On 7/4/17 6:44 PM, Dave wrote:
I bought a sliding barn door that was the right width but a bit too
tall. The
bottom has a groove for a guide, so in order to shorten the door, I cut a
couple inches off the top.
The trouble is, I cut off the hardwood at the top of the door that the
roller
assembly screws into and now all that's left is the particle board
interior.
The particle board isn't strong enough to hold the weight of the door on
the
rollers. So... I need to figure out how to attach the rollers to the top of
the door, with only particle board to screw into. (In retrospect, I clearly
should have cut extra height off the bottom - too late now.) I'm
wondering if
I drill holes, fill them with epoxy, and then set the screws in place if
that
will be strong enough. Thoughts?

Here is the door for reference:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Masonite-...7590/206193108

Turn it upside down?

--
I love a good meal. That's why I don't cook.