Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default I messed up. Now I need to screw into particle board.

On 07/04/2017 5:44 PM, Dave wrote:

... So... I need to figure out how to attach the rollers to the top of
the door, with only particle board to screw into. (In retrospect, I clearly
should have cut extra height off the bottom - too late now.) I'm
wondering if I drill holes, fill them with epoxy, and then set the screws in place if
that will be strong enough. Thoughts?

Cut off that much more that the present cutoff gives correct overall
height. Glue that back to the top; using some biscuits or dowels for
some extra glue surface area wouldn't hurt.

Or, just rip the hardwood off the cutoff and glue it on where it was and
trim the bottom for the height.