Posted to alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On 7/3/2017 3:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/3/2017 2:06 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 08:27:48 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Yup. I put up with it because of the convenience. I don't grill that
much and a tank lasts all season and I always have a spare full tank.

Just curious; where do you store the spare tank- inside, outside, shed?

I wonder if different locales have local regulations about storing them...

I have two tanks outside attached now. Been in triple digits for ~
20 days, high 117°F. Nothing broke or exploded, yet.

I like your optimism (g)

Curious .. how much heat can those gas tanks from mother nature before
they do explode?

The short answer is a lot. Some years ago I was involved in study
regarding propane tanks of all sizes from little portable ones to large
ones used as fuel tanks on vehicles. The tanks were exposed to gasoline
fires (with fuel pumped continuously to pans under the tanks) and none
exploded. They did however, after reaching a high temperature, have the
pressure release valves and/or fusible plugs let go. Being a fire
fighter at the time, and having been assigned as the safety officer for
these tests, I was quite amazed at the results. They can take a lot of
abuse, but should still demand our respect. All the safety regulations
as stated in the NFPA are there for a reason.