Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 15:46:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

I do and I did. We bought 3 new tanks at HD 5 years ago when we
moved into this o-op. I had forgotten about the date on the collar,
but I was not about to go out in 110 degree heat to saisfy someone's
curiosity. As of early this morning I took a look at them and the
date on all three tanks was 2/17/2012. We bought them in June of
that year.

110 degree heat? Reminds me of my brief stint at MCAS Yuma in
1963.....no A/C at that point in history. However, there were swamp
coolers.

The only relief on days like that came from flying at altitude. I
remember how the rubber on the gear tires would become tacky and seem
to stick to the concrete runways.