Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 3:46:38 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It seems you've missed my point which is sellers have reduced
long-standing and familiar standard package sizes in lieu of
raising prices ;-)

Sure, why not? They want to sell stuff, but their costs have
increased, and they know that people would squawk if prices
increased. It's capitalism in action.

Cindy Hamilton

Sure, but for 200 years they just increased the price. Now they
try to deceive.

There's no deception. Read the label. The weight or volume of the
contents is always displayed.

Based on your current observation of diminishing sizes, apparently
you haven't been aware of much of anything in the past 22 years.

You don't think it is a marketing tool to deceive? Sure, I can red the
labels but many people don't and the purpose is deception. I bet 70% of
the shoppers have no idea that a quart of mayo is no longer a quart. Do
you read every label of every item you buy every time?

Vendors have provided short weight for centuries. There were fines
and other penalties for selling short weight bread, or for a miller
who returned less flour than he was given grain to grind.

Cindy Hamilton