Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 3:35:45 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I don't bleat merrily. I pay attention when I'm shopping. If I see
the size has decreased I say, "Either they had to increase prices or
decrease quantity. It's the same result in the end."

Cindy Hamilton

It sure screws up some of the old recipes. When they want a full pound
of an item which used to be the way it was packaged and it now comes in
12 or even 14 oz instead of a pound. Really screws it up when you have
no idea how much was in the original one bag or jar the recipe called
for.

Ah. I don't use recipes that call for packages. They all use
"cups" or something like that. More often I cook from no recipe
at all.

I had to replace some of the floor in a bathroom that got water soaked.
The plywood had changed sizes, but was able to find two smaller sizes
that matched the original one piece.

That is a problem. We built a deck in 2003 and had to replace one
or two boards on the steps a couple of years later. They were thinner,
and we had to replace the entire step.

Cindy Hamilton