Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On Sat 01 Jul 2017 05:08:19p, Frank told us...

On Sat 01 Jul 2017 03:30:47p, Frank told us...

On 7/1/2017 2:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

If you don't read the labels, then you are the fool.

As to propane, I know what my empty tank weights. Besides
that, where I have my tanks filled they do not charge a set
price for a tank full. My empty tank is placed on the scale
and stays there until it has been filled. They charge by the
weight shown of their scale. I do geet what I pay for. If
your tank isn't being filled properly then maybe you should
buy it elsewhere.

There's nothing decepetive about it. The only problem arises
with higher prices, and I suspect that will always be true and
on the increase.

That is the way I have had my tank filled. Pay by weight of
the propane.

I bet those Blue Rino tanks that you trade in your empty for
the full ones are by some other method. YOu think you get a
full tank, but they only fill it part of the way even counting
on that required 'gas space'. I bet many think the tank is
totally full of the propane, or should be.

Yup. I put up with it because of the convenience. I don't
grill that much and a tank lasts all season and I always have a
spare full tank. Bought one the other day but also told the
clerk that the Blue Rino people were crooks.

When we moved to our co-op we bought 3 brand new empty tanks. We
had them all purged, then filled. The place we go to fills by
weight, so I know we always get full tanks. We use one in our
grill, one in a patio heater, and one for a spare. I hate to run
out in the middle of whatever we're doing, grilling or heating.

I have always been skiptical about the Blue Rino tanks because
even though they may look like new tanks, they often repaint them
in their refurbishing process, and you don't know what age they
are. Old tanks can have inherent flaws or dangers.

That's the reason I started swapping. My old tanks were becoming
unsafe looking.

Precisely the reason I bought new tanks. You can't be sure of the
age of the Blue Rino tanks. There might be a manufacturing date on
the tanks, but I'm not sure.

I thought you read labels. The date is stamped on the collar and it is
good for 12 years. It can be re-certified but I don't know of any place
that does it.