Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

There is a certain amount of deception as I pointed out when they
put 4 gallons of propane in a 5 gallon tank and tell you the tank
contains 16 lbs. Not too many people know the weight of a gallon
of propane.

As to propane, I know what my empty tank weights. Besides that,
where I have my tanks filled they do not charge a set price for a
tank full. My empty tank is placed on the scale and stays there
until it has been filled. They charge by the weight shown of their
scale. I do geet what I pay for. If your tank isn't being filled
properly then maybe you should buy it elsewhere.

There's nothing decepetive about it. The only problem arises with
higher prices, and I suspect that will always be true and on the
increase.

Why do they do that? Because a lot pf people finally complained. Take
a tank that was not quite empty and most dealers charged the same flat
price. They also put less in a tank now with the OPD valves because if
it was truly filled you'd not get the gas out of it.