Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On 6/30/2017 10:15 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:54:48 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

After recently attending the retirement ceremony for my rusted-out and
falling-apart ancient propane gas barbecue grill, I replaced it with my
first charcoal grill in 22 years. Getting ready for the Fourth you know.
But when buying my first bag of charcoal in these same 22 years, I find
that my former favorite fuel- a 20 pound bag of Kingsford Briquets- now
weighs only 18.6 pounds.
Guess I shouldn't be too surprised as a five pound bag of sugar now
weighs four pounds, a pound-bag of ground coffee contains but 11.5
ounces and most horridly, a half-gallon bottle of Scotch now is only
1.75 liters.
Milk and gas are next, I guess......

I went to buy some 2 x 4 's today and they didn't
measure up at all ! I'm calling my lawyer !
John T.

Looking for a new deck this fall I've found that new code requires ten
inch wide steps. Steps on the old deck were built with 2X10's. Guy
measured steps and found them to be only nine inches. He said stairs
cannot be positioned in the same place because new ten inch steps will
shorten the landing which ends at a block wall to below code. Code was
probably designed by a lawyer.