Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Why is raw honey from Costco twice as expensive as Filtered ?

On 6/30/2017 9:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/30/2017 12:00 AM, Diesel wrote:
Muggles
news 28 Jun 2017 21:04:58 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

snip

I love the unfiltered honey right from the comb!

We have something in common then. I also greatly enjoy real
molasses. From Maple trees. A friend gave me a mason jar full of
Tennessee molasses, but, it didn't come from a Maple tree. They swear I
won't notice any difference (I haven't tried any of it yet), but, I
suspect I will; considering how much and how often I gorged myself on
it growing up. I actually tapped Maple trees when I was a teenager to
obtain what would become Molasses from the trees, but, I'm completely
lost as to how they make Molasses here without the tree. Culture shock
you might say is an under statement in this case. I've been down here
for a long time now, but, I still don't understand some things about
the south.

I never herd of maple syrup referred to as molasses. One is made from
the sap of the maple tree, the other comes from sugar cane. Different
thing with different flavores.

I even looked it up to see if the terms were interchangeable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses

Maple syrup contains sucrose same as molasses as far as actual sweetener
goes. Invert sucrose, a mixture of glucose and fructose essentially the
same sugars as honey. All these things are related but the goodies in
them account for the different taste.