Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 11:54:54 AM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:
After recently attending the retirement ceremony for my rusted-out and
falling-apart ancient propane gas barbecue grill, I replaced it with my
first charcoal grill in 22 years. Getting ready for the Fourth you know.

But when buying my first bag of charcoal in these same 22 years, I find
that my former favorite fuel- a 20 pound bag of Kingsford Briquets- now
weighs only 18.6 pounds.

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised as a five pound bag of sugar now
weighs four pounds, a pound-bag of ground coffee contains but 11.5
ounces and most horridly, a half-gallon bottle of Scotch now is only
1.75 liters.

Funny, my 5-pound bag of sugar is still 5 pounds (4 pound bags are
also available), and a 1-pound bag of coffee is still 1 pound. I've
seen smaller bags in the grocery store, but I generally go right to the
roaster for coffee.

Cindy Hamilton