Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

On 6/30/2017 11:54 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
After recently attending the retirement ceremony for my rusted-out and
falling-apart ancient propane gas barbecue grill, I replaced it with my
first charcoal grill in 22 years. Getting ready for the Fourth you know.

But when buying my first bag of charcoal in these same 22 years, I find
that my former favorite fuel- a 20 pound bag of Kingsford Briquets- now
weighs only 18.6 pounds.

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised as a five pound bag of sugar now
weighs four pounds, a pound-bag of ground coffee contains but 11.5
ounces and most horridly, a half-gallon bottle of Scotch now is only
1.75 liters.

Milk and gas are next, I guess......

I just got a new 5 gallon tank of propane. If you read the label you
will see it contains 16 lbs which is about 4 gallons of propane.

Lot of us have at least some technical education and full understanding
of weights and measures and density and the like and it is annoying the
crap they get away with.

They sell lettuce by the head but if you weigh a head of lettuce and
calculate cost per pound you will be surprised how high it is.