Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default A Bag of Charcoal

After recently attending the retirement ceremony for my rusted-out and
falling-apart ancient propane gas barbecue grill, I replaced it with my
first charcoal grill in 22 years. Getting ready for the Fourth you know.

But when buying my first bag of charcoal in these same 22 years, I find
that my former favorite fuel- a 20 pound bag of Kingsford Briquets- now
weighs only 18.6 pounds.

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised as a five pound bag of sugar now
weighs four pounds, a pound-bag of ground coffee contains but 11.5
ounces and most horridly, a half-gallon bottle of Scotch now is only
1.75 liters.

Milk and gas are next, I guess......

--
I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world
will have a generation of idiots.