BKS

Default Installing wainscot...question.

You have to use adhesive, otherwise it won't last. A decent nail gun will
drive nails that will be covered/disappear easily. Don't nail in the tongue
or groove---that's just asking for trouble.

Yes, it will damage the plaster or sheetrock, but ten years from now, when
your tastes change, you can make those repairs fairly easy. That's assuming
your are still living in the house...

"Ken Aman" wrote in message
If I ever decide to remove the wainscot, will this constructiuon adhesive
come off my walls? I installed a couple pieces with just nails and it

seems
like it's holding, plus the base and chair rail hold the top and bottom in
place. Has anybody installed this without adhesive?

"Punch" wrote in message

"Ken Aman" wrote in message
The instructions aren't real clear to me. How do I "blind" nail these

3.5"
strips that I'm mounting vertically. I tried putting the 1.5"

finishing
nail through the tongue
of the wainscot, but the nail head is still visible. If I move the

nail
any
further out on the tongue, the wood will split. Also, I'm installing

this
vertically over sheetrock, which means I'm not hitting too many studs.

Will
the top and bottom trim and a few nails into sheetrock be enough to

secure
it?

use construction adhesive.