Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Roof with three layers of shingles - dangerous?

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 9:14:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/25/2017 8:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My son had 2 home inspections done in Las Vegas. The most complete inspection
reports I have ever seen. Every issue was detailed in text in the synopsis
section, then the text for each issue was repeated next a photo or photos of
the issue with the issue circled in red or yellow depending on the severity.

Here's a couple of examples. 3 images of a single cracked roof tile:

http://i.imgur.com/iRwPLh7.jpg

Items that had no issues, like the laundry equipment, were included also.

http://i.imgur.com/Pg6WHm5.jpg

All for the very reasonable price of $250. The detailed description and
pictures of all the problems with just the pool at one house made the $250
seem like a really great deal. He walked away from that one based solely
on the inspection report.

Can I assume he walked for more than just one cracked tile?

If the house is a money pit, the inspection is good investment. Few
houses are pefect and a potential buyer can be put off of a reallly good
buy over something simple if they don't understand the report.

He bought the house with the cracked tile. It was the one with the pool
(and a ton of other pretty major issues) that he walked away from. I agreed
with his choice. He wanted a house that he could spend money upgrading, not
just fixing. He got what he wanted and spent his money on tools (miter saw,
table saw, etc.) and now sends me pictures of the things he's making to make
an already sound house fun to live in. A day-bed for the patio, a dog-crate
end-table, a patio table from an old whisky barrel, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/Xqsaofb.jpg

And of course, he needs time for his boat.