Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Roof with three layers of shingles - dangerous?

On 6/25/2017 8:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My son had 2 home inspections done in Las Vegas. The most complete inspection
reports I have ever seen. Every issue was detailed in text in the synopsis
section, then the text for each issue was repeated next a photo or photos of
the issue with the issue circled in red or yellow depending on the severity.

Here's a couple of examples. 3 images of a single cracked roof tile:

http://i.imgur.com/iRwPLh7.jpg

Items that had no issues, like the laundry equipment, were included also.

http://i.imgur.com/Pg6WHm5.jpg

All for the very reasonable price of $250. The detailed description and
pictures of all the problems with just the pool at one house made the $250
seem like a really great deal. He walked away from that one based solely
on the inspection report.

Can I assume he walked for more than just one cracked tile?

If the house is a money pit, the inspection is good investment. Few
houses are pefect and a potential buyer can be put off of a reallly good
buy over something simple if they don't understand the report.