Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Roof with three layers of shingles - dangerous?

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 1:30:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 04:47:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 23 Jun 2017 07:54:21 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 8:14:06 AM UTC-4, uglyhouse101 wrote:
replying to Ben, uglyhouse101 wrote:
This should have been caught When you had your home inspection during your Due
Dilligence period. Home Inspectors look critically at roofs for such issues.
I would read through your home inspection report and contact them if you still
have any concerns. They can come out and explain what you are seeing.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...us-314591-.htm

And they will also explain how even if they missed it, their contract says that you can't come after them.

Yes, aad I know of home inspectors that don't go up on the roof, so if
you didn't see it before you bought the house, neither did he. Too bad,
so sad.

For an intelligent homebuyer like most on this list, the majority of
home inspections are a TOTAL waste of money and time. Better to take a
few of your good buddies along to look at the house _ they are likely
to catch more than the inspectors will, and you'll be buying them a
few beers anyway.

I would disagree. In most cases you can recover the cost of the
home inspection and then some in reductions from the seller.
And it's a lot more likely a seller is going to knock off $1000
for things that an inspector finds than those that a buyer and
his buddies claim need addressing. It's worked for me.