Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default re grenfell tower fire question

On Saturday, 24 June 2017 01:20:09 UTC+1, wrote:
I've never seen an AFCI, I see they are now common in the USA and that
they are prone to false tripping.

AIUI the 18th will make them common here. A workaround will be needed for
old arcy sparky equipment.

And 18th Edition Amendment 1 will introduce requirements for emergency lighting to stop people falling down stairs in darkness from the false tripping..

18th Edition Amendment 2 will require all telecoms equipment to be supplied through UPS so that people can call 999 on their cordless phone after they've fallen down the stairs in darkness from the false tripping but not updated their installation to Amendment 1.

NICEIC will introduce a new mandatory course for members "Plugging in a UPS".

The Scottish Government will require all fridge-freezers in rented accommodation to be inspected annually by an accredited electrician ... oh hang on, they already do.

Owain