Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default 10 Foot Dryer Cord

Boris posted for all of us...

Three days ago, I installed a new dryer with the 3-prong, 10' dryer
cord, that allowed me to place the dryer in the only spot it could go.
I did a couple of loads, and all is well. The cord did not even get
warm.

I read all your replies (thanks), and understand the the differences
between 3- and 4- wire 220v circuits. Every home I've lived in, so far,
has been built before 1996. As time goes by, codes become more and more
stringent, sometimes benefiting the end user, sometimes just the
contractor/manufacturer. But, I can definitely appreciate grounding a
steel cabinet to a home's ground.

Be sure to check the connectors. I had a buddy that had one of these that
called me for a smell of burning plastic. Upon inspection it was a connector
which I assumed was improperly done at the factory.

--
Tekkie