Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Ping Robert

On 6/22/2017 12:24 PM, Leon wrote:

Exactly, I do not like the fat cases and as I mentioned in another post,
that is all to do with stand off. The tape has to be wider to accept
enough bend to extend 16+feet with out support. If you want a narrow
tape measure you have to look at 12' and under, typically.

And, they always seem to have 1/32 markings in the first foot. My 16
footers are ok, but a bit too big for my tastes. Seems all the tapes
mentioned here with no 1/32 markings are 16 footers. I think I'm going
with the Klien with 1/8th inch markings. Don't build much anymore, but
think I'll buy one just to reward them for knowing what cabinet makers
need.

BTW, you mentioned you only use tapes to check your measurements, or
something like that. What do you initially measure with if not a tape?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com