Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT How to see only entire cars on Ebay motors? Not parts or accessories.

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:01:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:31:40 -0400, micky
wrote:

I want a certain make and model within a range of years, and I get
thousands of accessories and parts, when all I want to see is complete
cars, you know, that I can drive. How do I see only cars?

I also want the car to be of a certain color but even though I know
there are two cars listed now of that color adding the color just gave
little trim accessories. Is there any way to search on cars of a
particular color if the seller didn't mention color in the title, which
they seem never to do?

(even though another search word is convertible, which I thought would
limit the search to complete cars, there are 1000's of parts that fit
convertibles, so it didn't help.)

try listing from highest price to lowest - it will get rid of the
licence bolts etc, but YOU will likely still need to get down a few
pages to find one in your price range.

Darn, I looked for that too, but couldn't find it even though now it's
right in front of me and I bet it was then too.

Well, I tried it for Lebaron 95 and it returned 114,000 items.

including a reman half axle for 9800 dollars, engine blocks for 2400,
disk brake hydraulic hose front and rear for 2200.

So after looking again at the list of 3 lebarons for sale
I tried Lebaron 88 since I know there is one

And it found 77,000 results, "76,891 parts found for lebaron 89" but
not the car!!!!! It drops to 4900 when I check the Used box.

It knew what I meant becauase it found "CV Axle Assembly
Front-Left/Right USA Ind AX-6529 Reman (Fits: 1989 LeBaron)
$9,843.24"

They have engines and transmissions and crossmember, but....

Even though the car I expected to find in the list has a starting bid at
1,750.00 but [ 0 bids ] and a buy it now price of 3900 and I looked
from the greatest, more than 39000 to way below 1750. But it wasn't
there.

It drops to 4900 when I check the Used box, but a whole car is still not
in the list.

I'm glad I learned this lesson now.

I think I found at least one car this way, but I'm not sure anyore. M
most of the cars I found were when one I was watching was ending and
they sent me an email telling me that, with pictures of several like it.

I'm lucky things turned out as well as they did. The car is in
Philly, a little over an hour by train. So it better work because I
plan to drive it home. I havent' seeen it in person but the guy has
99.5% posiitve, maybe 123 positive in the last year, one neutral and one
negative.