Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Robert

On 6/22/2017 1:09 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

One thing I don't like about all these new tapes, overall, is how fat
they are getting with all the superfluous trim on them. It's like
they're trying to make monster trucks out of tape measures. I can't find
a one that will slip in and out of the tape holster on my tool belt.

Preach it!
IMO it's the 'Hitachi Effect' (when they started making power tools
that resemebled Transformers several years ago.)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5412a2feee.jpg
http://toolguyd.com/blog/wp-content/...ill-Driver.jpg

LOL That's another good description of how Hitachi looked back then, I
thought they looked like one of the fancy tennis shoes.