Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Ping Robert

On 6/21/2017 3:41 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Next time you're in HD check out the Milwaukee 16'
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee...7116/207191753
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg

Or take a chance on the more reasonably priced 12'
http://www.internationaltool.com/mil...t-tape-measure
https://www.fasteninghouseatlantic.c...-tape-measure/
http://bit.ly/2sUNuZL

Thanks, will do that. Couldn't tell much from their photo's, but will
definitely check them out. I saw that one had the actual fractions
marked like the Fastcap tapes. Not sure I want that but if they have a
12 footer with nothing smaller than 1/16th inch markings, on both sides,
I'm in for yet one more tape for my giant collection:-)

One of the tapes pictured seemed to have no numbers other than at the 1
inch line. What's up with that?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg

Personally, I like my Stanley short tapes the best, for overall feel and
all that. Unfortunately, they seem too damn dumb to eliminate the
useless 1/32 crap. I like my Fastcap 16' except for it's a bit too long
for a cabinet shop, and the strong ass spring. Like to chop off a
finger when that thing retracts.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com