Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I need to add oil to my new condenser/compressor unit?

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 7:44:09 AM UTC-5, Garry Conner wrote:
I just installed a new dry condenser/compressor 3.5 ton unit. It uses R-22
Freon. I silver soldered the tubes in and charged the system and it works
good, but was thinking with a dry unit (not pre-charged like the last one I
bought 10 years ago) do I need to add oil or is it already in the compressor?
I need to know so I don't burn it up.
--

Where on earth did you get an R-22 AC system? What country are you in? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cool Monster