Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default More Brexit News which won't be appearing on this NG at least.

In article , michael
adams writes

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:22:43 +0100, michael adams wrote:

Then, when on day one of the negotiations when it became clear that
there would otherwise be no talks, Davis immediately caved in.

Nothink to worry about. All they've done is agree to fix the "leaving
fee" til later; that's all.

Precisely the opposite, I'm afraid. That's the whole point

quote

The question of the UK financial settlement, along with an
agreement on the rights of expats on both sides of the Channel
will be the first two items that will be settled in the talks,
which will begin in earnest next month.

/quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...lock-horns-bre
xit-bill-day-one-talks/

Basically until the UK agrees to pay them what they
think they're due, regardless of whether anyone else
thinks this is fair or not, they're not going to
negotiate on anything else.

What nonsense. The UK has asked them to explain the legal basis for
their claim. Despite the fact they knew our position they couldn't give
an answer. They are so besotted with their own bull**** it never occurs
to them to check out the other sides arguments. They have to stick with
their terms of reference. That's why negotiating anything with the EU
takes so long.
This was the fait accompli which Davis was presented
with on Monday morning.

You are so naive.
If you read the article some of the sums being mentioned
as compo are simply staggering i.e 100 billion

On the other hand our own legal experts say there is no obligation in
law to pay anything. So which do you believe?
It's maybe no wonder a lot of people are trying to
play this down.

Who us trying to play down what? It's been discussed ad nauseum.

michael adams

bert