Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default I'm dissapointed

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:58:35 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

not taking into account the heating provided to the house by the
circulating hot water - an asset in the winter, a cost for cooling in
summer

That would be zero in both seasons since almost all his plumbing is in
his unconditioned basement where the ceiling (house floors) are
insulated.

It's much better to install point-of-use heaters on all the sinks.
Just leave the shower like it is since point-of-use heaters with that
much heating capacity require heavy new wiring and maybe even a new
service entrance. My neighbor with all-point-of-use including the
shower. The shower heater draws 80 amps at 240 volts.

My POU heaters are tiny and draw 30 amps at 240 volts. They are
tucked up under the sinks so that the flex lines to the valves connect
directly to the heater. Water is hot in seconds without the losses of
a circulating system.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com