Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF 61169 inverter generator question

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 13:53:41 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I think I'll turn a brass plug for the hole, attached to a long red
ribbon marked "Remove Before Flight".

I found some more images of the H127 carb at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/H127-180cc-Ru...dp/B00WC29C8A/

There is no hole in these where I understand yours to be.

I used this search, there were other images but I didn't check them
out:
https://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-...ing+carburetor
--
Leon Fisk

It isn't the same, it has an idle (mis)adjustment screw where mine is
plugged, as in the Vpower carb photo. I can't tell if the throttle
motor bracket and linkage and the choke lever from mine would fit.

Mine is fine now and I know how to disassemble, clean it.and make it
work again. The suspicious hole fits the same drill shank size as the
idle stop screw protrusion, #33, so the pin I made to block the hole
during storage is also the idle speed screw setting gauge. The
flexible rim on the head of that screw retains the pilot jet and it
needs to come out for a cleaning. .

I haven't yet found why HF replaced the 61169 with the less powerful
62523 model. It doesn't hiccup running my microwave which pulls 5A,
then 18A at start, then 13A continuously. One review complained that
the current model jams his ham radio. Today I confirmed that the 61169
doesn't interfere with my antenna TV reception. The APC1400 UPS which
refuses to accept AC from my conventional Coleman generators plays
well with this one, only warning about the floating neutral. The frame
is connected to a ground rod.
-jsw