Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF 61169 inverter generator question

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 11:44:07 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

...6.5HP 212cc Predator engine...

I've got one of those stashed away, still in the box. Bought it
several
years ago and haven't gotten around to using it yet...

It sounds like your better off with it plugged and remembering such,
just in case it really shouldn't be.
--
Leon Fisk

I tested it on my log splitter last year, to reveal any manufacturing
defect during the return window. It was a direct bolt-on swap for the
5.5HP Tecumseh. Apparently the protruding muffler blocks installing it
on a brush chipper.

It worked fine and was quieter and more convenient to start and stop
than the Tecumseh. I'm hoping it will work out better on the sawmill
which could use more HP and is awkward to pull-start in the raised
position.

I think I'll turn a brass plug for the hole, attached to a long red
ribbon marked "Remove Before Flight".

-jsw