Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF 61169 inverter generator question

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:51:42 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Harbor Freight 61169 is the discontinued 2500W/2200W inverter
generator. If anyone here has one, could you tell me if the hole in
the left side of the carburetor above the G in RUIXING is open or
plugged?

I poked around on youtube and mostly found reviews... There was one
video on converting it to propane though that you might find of
interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHBCXpDdj-k

The kit came from:

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/

Might be part number 3103. The rubber gasket worked but wasn't an
exact
match for this generator. He had to stretch it a little to get the
holes lined up.

There was a couple spots where you could sorta see the left side of
the
carb but I don't think it shows what you want.

Video is 11:42 long and download was 44mb.

I liked the kit. It is a thick rubber washer that goes in between
the
carb and air cleaner. Uses a couple of regulators for propane. Guy
said
it cost him $231. Ouch! but propane would be nice for intermittent
generator use...

I know your band-width limitations, so I tried to add some details
in
case you hadn't seen this and were interested

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Thanks. I used up most of my monthly 1.5GB cellular internet allotment
searching, and am back on dialup. That's the disadvantage of having
antenna TV instead of cable.

This shows the small hole into the idle air passage on the right above
the larger blind hole. The other brass-plugged manufacturing access
hole is obviously yellow.
http://www.vpowerequipment.com/gener...tor-carburetor

The company name ruiXing and model 127 are identical. They didn't
answer the phone in person or call back. I can leave the hole plugged
during storage since I remove the side cover to check the oil before
starting anyway.

-jw