Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default HF 61169 inverter generator question

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:51:42 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Harbor Freight 61169 is the discontinued 2500W/2200W inverter
generator. If anyone here has one, could you tell me if the hole in
the left side of the carburetor above the G in RUIXING is open or
plugged?

I poked around on youtube and mostly found reviews... There was one
video on converting it to propane though that you might find of
interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHBCXpDdj-k

The kit came from:

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/

Might be part number 3103. The rubber gasket worked but wasn't an exact
match for this generator. He had to stretch it a little to get the
holes lined up.

There was a couple spots where you could sorta see the left side of the
carb but I don't think it shows what you want.

Video is 11:42 long and download was 44mb.

I liked the kit. It is a thick rubber washer that goes in between the
carb and air cleaner. Uses a couple of regulators for propane. Guy said
it cost him $231. Ouch! but propane would be nice for intermittent
generator use...

I know your band-width limitations, so I tried to add some details in
case you hadn't seen this and were interested

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b