Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Lidl LI 20V batteries

Capitol wrote:
I see That these are on sale next week. I'm considering buying one
with a view to modifying it to fit my 18V drills which have clapped NiCd.
Does anyone know if these batteries have current and voltage discharge
limiting built into them?

Hmm, 20V is a funny voltage for a lithium pack - it would seem to be
5-and-a-half cells. Unless it's really a 5-cell 18v pack with some added
marketing (declare each cell to be 4v not 3.6v).

Ah yes, there's even a little graph that says so (p4):
https://www.lidl.de/de/asset/other/283237_DE.pdf

I would have expected they would put the monitoring in the battery rather
than the tool, especially since you could swap in a higher capacity battery.
If it's the same as in the leaflet above, there's a button to get the
battery state on the side - I'd be very surprised if there wasn't also a low
voltage cutoff built in.

Theo