Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default bats in the belfry?

Hi All
we have a strange noise coming from a corner of the loft; I will go up
there shortly but am puzzled as to what it might be.

We had rats some years ago (collapsed drain, since repaired) and I am pretty
sure it is not them. All we hear is a short bit of 'scrabbling'. only for a
period of 30secs or a minute, around midnight or so, some nights. The noise
actually comes from a corner of the first floor ceiling which is an outside
corner, as it were. I've taken a look outside at that corner with with
binoculars but cannot see anything unusual.

As I say, I will take a look in the loft shortly but I am curious in advance
as to what it might be, given the very short nature, and timing, of the
noise. Theories welcome...

Cheers
Jon N