Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_27_] Chuck[_27_] is offline

Default Sony CDP101 repair

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 04:47:59 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Phil Allison wrote: wrote:

---------------------------

Now: are there any suitable replacement
lasers for these machines, and tracking
hardware, besides what's already inside
surviving examples of the 101?
"

"** Used examples are being offered on Ebay.

The part number is KSS100A and suits several Sony models.

..... Phil "

______
Thanks! And is there any chance they
might work in some of Sony's 5-CD
carousel players, from the early to
mid-1990s? I have two such machines
that refuse to read a couple of my CDs,
or, if they have tracks extending all the
way out to the edge, the player won't
play the final 2-3 tracks. I have already
tried lubricating the sled tracks, but to
little avail.

They use a totally different laser assembly. A KSS140 I believe. We
were constantly replacing these and the harness that went to the laser
assembly was often bad. Did not like these. The Yamahas from this
time period were very reliable.

---