Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CDP101 repair

wrote: "Symphonies OTOH feature many dozens of acoustic instruments, each making an unprocessed sound.
And while many symphony pieces can be quite dynamic and demanding of a sound system, there is a lot of it that is soft. "

I see what you mean. Still, your
typical rock, rap, or pop song
will have have a much higher
average level overall, compared
to jazz or classical.

As for orchestral dynamics, those
depend largely on three things:
the composition itself, the conductor,
and his musicians. And the
difference between loud and soft
can be much greater in a symphony
than on a top-40 or rock tune.

And I can usually tell if the sound
of a classical CD has been dynamically
compressed in post: Foobar 2000 Dynamic
range analysis returns a DR value of 12 -
comparable to a typical 1980s pop song.
With most of the natural dynamics left in,
that classical CD should register
between DR18-30! Something digital
audio was designed for.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Don't overthink this Daniel. Phil has a long history of polluting
newsgroups all over the web with his pigheaded single minded thought
process (like his love of WD40). He's a hateful, vile, cowardly,
foul mouthed internet bully. If you don't agree with him, he will
wish a painful cancer death on you. When I first ran across his
posts, they were so outrageous I thought he was being comically
ironic (and perhaps he is and getting a big laugh out of this). If
someone should ask a dumb question, he will berate their intelligence
and suggest they kill themselves to relieve their burden of ignorance.

Off course, I have seen it, I saw it and I see it...

Phil thinks CDs have no flaws, and I happen to disagree with him.

Theoretically, exactly within the scope (5-20000Hz).

Any other person who disagrees would simply say so and state their
case. But Phil is a true nut job, and since he won't meet anyone
face to face and repeat those same words that he does on the web
(coward), it's sort of fun to just rile him up and disagree with him
now and again.

don't take electronics too religious.... me thinks is the best.

Getting back to the subject, when I was younger, I knew CDs offered
several big advantages (that I pointed out in my first post), but
instead of taking a leap forward beyond a mechanical system of
grooved vinyl and various mechanical needle/cartridge schemes, they
took a small step backwards in fidelity.

Indeed. Taking the costs (Turntable, Tonearm, Pickup and pre-pre -MC
off course- ;-)) for ultimate Vinyl Quality into account... it is by
faaar better in fidelity than any CD-Audio Player. Better than the best
CD-Player by Naim or Linn and Sony and Philips.
CD-Player, even the best, are sounding hollow and narrowed compared
to a fine turntable.

That a digital format
cannot quite equal an archaic electro-mechanical analogue system is
telling. Phil can't or refuses to hear this, and that's fine. The
fact is is that my hearing has diminished to the point where I'm
happy even with MP3s nowadays.

I became moderate, too. My perception range (~18kHz) is biologically
still the same... with more and more knowledge to harmonics and
seperating multiple tracks/instruments in the brain than 20 years
before.

I'm sure his CDP-101 sounds just as good as my Pioneer CD player and
maybe even better, but my point was about the CD format in general,
not the CDP-101 in particular.

The CDP-101 lacks sound (newer technologies...). Many people might
think, that's that (no further playback-technologies) what is
memorized on CD...?
cd-drive, D/A stage, filtering!, op-amps!! etc. `?

On the other hand, why do we need MC-pickups beyond 40kHz? ;-) (there
is max. 16-22kHz writeable/available on a record.... beyond 16kHz with
more distortion than linearity ;-))
Superior harmonics....!
You can revive them, even when recorded with recording-equipment which
can not do more than 20kHz. But to take the effect, you need the other
part(s) of the harmonic(s) -beyond 20kHz- which were effectively
present in the air while recording. So it's obvious you need someting
(at home) which can fill the air vitually the same.

P.S.: I have been very satisfied with the (my) Sony CDP X779ES (w/o
filter mod). One of the best machines for CD-Audio....

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

**Daniel is incapable of actual thought.

Your point of view is dizzy and radical-techno-religous.

** You have no idea what the subject is.

Get off this NG - you ridiculous, geriatric narcissist.

I think electronics does not suit you....
It's not a fundamental religion, genetic-ill Phil ;-) (you are a living
example of that 'known' genetic disposition)

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel Mandic wrote:

---------------------------

Phil Allison wrote:

**Daniel is incapable of actual thought.

Your point of view is dizzy and radical-techno-religous.

** Dear readers,

Daniel has a serious mental disability.

Likely a combination of autism, narcissism and a low IQ.

Feel sorry for him if you like, but folk like him become trouble making assholes if allowed.

Don't.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

** Dear readers,

:-)

Daniel has a serious mental disability.

You are reflecting all the time. Casting all your disorders to other
ppl (typical for narziss-ill ppl).

Likely a combination of autism, narcissism and a low IQ.

Autism? You know something about? Tell us, Ing. Dr. Phys. Phil Allison!
Narziss... yeah, that's exactly yours.
You think your IQ is too low? When I read the technical details to your
posts (sample theory etc.), it might be true. You sound like an evil
preacher more than an electronics engineer

Now get back into your small frame of seeing and describing things.

Feel sorry for him if you like, but folk like him become trouble
making assholes if allowed.

yes...yes. (folk... we... trouble.... allowing)
a typical narcist you are.

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel Mandic wrote:

-------------------

** Dear readers,

Update:

Daniel is a raving nut case.

Autistic and highly schizoid.

Don't let the nutter cause trouble here.

Best use your kill filter.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

Daniel is a raving nut case.

maybe 1 or 2 of 8.... you have at least 6 of 8.

Autistic and highly schizoid.

Haven't experienced any authistic skills, yet.
Shizoid? Who isn't it at all??

Don't let the nutter cause trouble here.

Causing trouble?
Your mutated small- and stembrain is spinning that paranoid stories to
you....

Best use your kill filter.

Be quiet manikin.

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel, Phil!

Will you two get a room and take it
off this newsgroup please?!?

Ave Maria....!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

----------------------------------

Daniel, Phil!

Will you two get a room and take it
off this newsgroup please?!?

Ave Maria....!

** Very uncool to blaspheme like that.

If anyone attacks me on a NG -

THAT is business for the NG.

And TROLLS like you can go **** yourself.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

If anyone attacks me on a NG -

You started it (as always...).

THAT is business for the NG.

You are not good in that business, wishing someone a gun on the head
with shooting....

And TROLLS like you can go **** yourself.

You are one of the biggest troll in electronics I know. 95% of your
posts are full with hatred.... the other 5% are containing self-defined
terms which nobody (should...) dare to comment ;-)

P.S.: ....stored sunlight (in your nutcase? then let it out the light
for a couple of time !! ;-))

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel Mandic Raving Psycho wrote:

-----------------------------------

If anyone attacks me on a NG -

You started it (as always...).

** Never, not even once.

THAT is business for the NG.

You are not good in that business, wishing someone a gun on the head
with shooting....

** That troll asked me to explain how to "****" himself.

So I obliged him.

And TROLLS like you can go **** yourself.

You are one of the biggest troll in electronics I know.

** I am the direct opposite of a troll.

Cos I go right after the vile, NG destroying pricks.

95% of your
posts are full with hatred...

** The actual ratio is more like 5%.

I post on 7 or 8 NGs.

P.S.: ....stored sunlight

** Yes, a beautiful scientific fact.

Like you are a schizoid, autistic public menace is a fact.

FOAD.

..... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:37:41 AM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:

95% of your
posts are full with hatred...

** The actual ratio is more like 5%.

I post on 7 or 8 NGs.

.... Phil

You do, but interestingly enough (but not surprisingly), every one of those newsgroups have the same problem with you as this one does. Here, enjoy:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/alanindex.html

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00867.html

http://www.electrondepot.com/austral...son-17603-.htm

http://www.edaboard.co.uk/message-to...n-t355897.html

All one needs to do is Google "Phil Allison" and "troll" and boy do the returns just pile up. Every news group you pollute has the same problem with you.

Arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon: you just strut around ****ting on the board and claiming you won, and this group is no exception.. The fact Phil is that every board would be better off without you. God knows how how many people you've driven off these boards collectively.

None of this likely to have any impression on you but if there's any part of your brain that's floating beneath the surface of truth, know that if *every* NG you post in has issues with you, it just *might* be you.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 12:22:29 UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

Phil is always right. No exceptions. The rumour that he often gets things electronic right but sometimes wrong, like most of us, is a myth.
In Phil's words, the rest of us just have
a serious mental disability.
Likely a combination of autism, narcissism and a low IQ.
Obviously YOU are a complete, know nothing ****wit.
One of millions of on the internet
Jurassic park has no creatures as pre-historic as you.
Wot a six toed ****ing idiot.
Wonder if he plays a five string banjo and fancies pig's arses.
And I do not mean for dinner.
Cos right now you are a total ignoramus.
You're first class, raving lunatic.
Put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.
Get off this NG - you ridiculous, geriatric narcissist.
Checked you far arse lately ???
Got any idea where that foul SMOKE is coming from ??
Autistic and highly schizoid.
Don't let the nutter cause trouble here.
Best use your kill filter.
Cos I go right after the vile, NG destroying pricks.
Like you are a schizoid, autistic public menace is a fact.
FOAD.

So now you know.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

------------------------

** The actual ratio is more like 5%.

I post on 7 or 8 NGs.

You do, but interestingly enough (but not surprisingly), every one of those newsgroups have the same problem with you as this one does.

** This NG has no problem with me.

It does have has a massive one with anonymous, lying criminal pigs like you.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/alanindex.html

** I shut "us.hi-fi" down 6 or 7 years ago.

By doing nothing more than stopping posting.

Go figure why.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00867.html

** Pat Turner ( a former brick layer) was a poster on aus.hi-fi.

He used the NG purely to promote his home audio business.

And preach the most insane crap and defame other folks products.

But a pig like you wouldn't give a **** about small facts like that.

http://www.electrondepot.com/austral...son-17603-.htm

** I go after trolls, without fear.

The vile ****s then squeal like stuck pigs.

Hardly surprising.

All one needs to do is Google "Phil Allison" and "troll"

** You know what - in 15+ years of NG posting, I have almost NEVER been called a troll by any poster.

Cos they all know I am their worst enemy.

Nobody here knows who your are.

But everyone here knows what are.

...... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 12:56:37 UTC+1, Phil Allison wrote:

** You know what - in 15+ years of NG posting, I have almost NEVER been called a troll by any poster.

lol
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/8/2017 6:56 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
in 15+ years of NG posting, I have almost NEVER been called
a troll by any poster.

Actually, Phil's correct about that.
He's been called a lot of things, but troll isn't usually one
of them.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 04:46:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Phil is always right. No exceptions.

Well, in my experience on Usenet for more years than I care to admit,
Phil is far more often correct than mistaken. I vaguely recall one
minor item where I caught a mistake, but most other times, he either
had the correct answer, or the correct approach to producing an
answer. I could only dream that my batting average is as good as his.

I'm on Usenet to learn. If learning requires tolerating some abuse,
I'm fully prepared to accept (and deliver) some. It's much like
learning any skill that requires dedication and practice (martial
arts, musical instruments, auto repair, etc). The good mentors and
instructors are generally quite abusive to the typical student telling
them they are worthless fumbling fools, incapable of mastering even
the basics, and so on. To many, that's sufficient for them to run
screaming in horror, or complaining bitterly to others in hope of
gathering support. To the few that actually want to learn, such abuse
is an incentive to try harder, learn better, practice more, and
demonstrate to the mentor or instructor that they are worthy.

Pick your own path to enlightenment and try not to bite the hand that
feeds you knowledge.

Drivel: I once bought a Sony CDP101 at a local thrift shop. It
didn't work, so I recycled it, not realizing what it was.

Drivel 2.0: The original CD "Red Book"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Books#Red_Book_.281980.29
was probably written nearby while I was designing marine radios at
Intech Inc during the late 1970's. The data converter division was
hosting a group of rather secretive Sony engineers, who were probably
working on the A/D and D/A converters for the original CDROM. The red
books were actually custom printed red ring binders that the company
used for catalogs. They were everywhere and no doubt were used by the
Sony engineers for their documentation.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/red-book.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 17:54:58 UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 04:46:41 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:

[...]

Yes he gets things right. He also gets them wrong and makes a real spectacle of himself. The madness comes out. Regularly. I try to learn from everyone, but I wouldn't want to work with him.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 17:54:58 UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Pick your own path to enlightenment and try not to bite the hand that
feeds you knowledge.

Yes he gets things right. He also gets them wrong and makes a real
spectacle of himself. The madness comes out. Regularly. I try to learn
from everyone, but I wouldn't want to work with him.
NT

You probably would not want to work with or for me. I really don't
care who's right or wrong. When such discussions would appear, I ask
that discussion of the problem at hand be temporarily terminated, and
that we only discuss who is at fault. After about 15 minutes of
watching everyone involved make complete fools of themselves, they
usually get the clue, and the tribunal mode doesn't resurface.

Things become more difficult when dealing with foreign educated
engineers, where admitting that they are mistaken is a mortal insult
and should be avoided at all cost. Getting them to abandon a lifetime
of covering their ass is difficult, but not impossible.

More recently, I've been involved in a few virtual companies, where
the participants are scattered all over the planet and in some cases
have never met. The distances involved and medium of communications
tends to amplify personality conflicts and differences of opinion,
which are sometimes considered mistakes. I have directories of saved
project emails that make Phil's colorful comments read like praise and
compliments. There are ways to prevent such things from getting out
of hand. I used one of them on you in my previous message.

As for "the madness comes out", you don't understand the problem until
you have worked with the extremes of what you might consider madness.
I had to work with a technician who was in some program that distilled
to "get a job or go back to jail". I was seriously worried that he
would try to kill me if there was a disagreement. In the end, we
discovered that he was quite good at programming and I used him to
build and program an automated test system for a product that I was
helping design.

I have other less extreme example if you need them. In most cases, I
was able to successfully work with what would normally be considered
very difficult co-workers. The trick was to spend the time trying to
understand their motivations, inspirations, and what makes them tick.
In the previous example, the tech had failed at literally everything
he tried doing, and was in critical need of any success to boost his
pride and self-esteem.

I don't know what makes Phil run. I also don't care. If I did know,
I wouldn't discuss it in public because they have nothing to do with
the repair problems under discussion. All I care is that he continue
to produce correct answers and offer useful experiences. Behind the
keyboard, he could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, and I
would still say nice things about his troubleshooting and experience.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I don't know what makes Phil run. I also don't care. If I did know,
I wouldn't discuss it in public because they have nothing to do with
the repair problems under discussion. All I care is that he continue
to produce correct answers and offer useful experiences. Behind the
keyboard, he could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, and I
would still say nice things about his troubleshooting and experience.

From your lips to PHIL'S ears.

From my sight, he is a redneck-yankee rep, who eats squirrels and other
small wood-animals and other stuff.... ;-)

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

** I shut "us.hi-fi" down 6 or 7 years ago.

By doing nothing more than stopping posting.

Go figure why.

They were paralyzed by your social efforts.
100% effectivity (shut down....)

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00867.html

** Pat Turner ( a former brick layer) was a poster on aus.hi-fi.

He used the NG purely to promote his home audio business.

And preach the most insane crap and defame other folks products.

But a pig like you wouldn't give a **** about small facts like that.

How can you take in electronics to infame someone??
You are indeed one of that religious-type electricians.

http://www.electrondepot.com/austral...son-17603-.htm

** I go after trolls, without fear.

With your predefinitions.

The vile ****s then squeal like stuck pigs.

Hardly surprising.

Are you talking to yourself?

You do not even read what you write.... typical for ill-minded who seem
to be exempt from 'memorizing' and 'thinking'.

** You know what - in 15+ years of NG posting, I have almost NEVER
been called a troll by any poster.

15y, tsk....
I am on usenet since 1994.

Cos they all know I am their worst enemy.

Paranoia is your source

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/14/2017 3:25 PM, Daniel Mandic wrote:
From your lips to PHIL'S ears.

From my sight, he is a redneck-yankee rep, who eats squirrels

and other small wood-animals and other stuff....;-)

Wrong continent.
Phil's in Australia.

The correct way of addressing Australians is "For ****'s sake,
not in the sink."
(From the National Lampoon Encyclopedia of Humor, circa 1975)

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

Cos they all know I am their worst enemy.

any such person has had a sheltered life.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:25:06 +0000 (UTC), "Daniel Mandic"
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I don't know what makes Phil run. I also don't care. If I did know,
I wouldn't discuss it in public because they have nothing to do with
the repair problems under discussion. All I care is that he continue
to produce correct answers and offer useful experiences. Behind the
keyboard, he could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, and I
would still say nice things about his troubleshooting and experience.

From your lips to PHIL'S ears.
From my sight, he is a redneck-yankee rep, who eats squirrels and other
small wood-animals and other stuff.... ;-)

There was a time when I tried to visualize what various internet
personalities looked like. Mostly, this was based on the way they
wrote, the size of their vocabulary, the number of years of
experience, and various things that could be deduced from their
writings. Then, I met a few or saw their photographs. I was
consistently wrong about age, appearance, demeanor, etc. Worse, the
way some people wrote was radically different from the way they spoke.
In most cases, my illusions were better than their reality. After far
too many disappointments, I gave up trying. Of course, you're welcome
to continue guessing from where I gave up.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

----------------------------

There was a time when I tried to visualize what various internet
personalities looked like. Mostly, this was based on the way they
wrote, the size of their vocabulary, the number of years of
experience, and various things that could be deduced from their
writings. Then, I met a few or saw their photographs. I was
consistently wrong about age, appearance, demeanor, etc. Worse, the
way some people wrote was radically different from the way they spoke.
In most cases, my illusions were better than their reality.

** I found this pic of Daniel for you :

http://www.fastcharacters.com/wp/wp-...d-e-neuman.jpg

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This thread...

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I don't know what makes Phil run. I also don't care. If I did know,
I wouldn't discuss it in public because they have nothing to do with
the repair problems under discussion. All I care is that he continue
to produce correct answers and offer useful experiences. Behind the
keyboard, he could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, and I
would still say nice things about his troubleshooting and experience.

From your lips to PHIL'S ears.
From my sight, he is a redneck-yankee rep, who eats squirrels and other
small wood-animals and other stuff.... ;-)

There was a time when I tried to visualize what various internet
personalities looked like. Mostly, this was based on the way they
wrote, the size of their vocabulary, the number of years of
experience, and various things that could be deduced from their
writings. Then, I met a few or saw their photographs. I was
consistently wrong about age, appearance, demeanor, etc.

You could not be more right Jeff. Same exact experience.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"There was a time when I tried to visualize what various internet
personalities looked like."

Ho boy, there's something that can set you off. Poking around at 802.11junk I found what might be a picture of you, if it is, you look like a terrorist. Let's just hope you are on our side. I also ran across a screenshot from your bank or whatever saying your credit rating is better than like 99 % or whatever than most cocks out there. But then I know that means little, there was a time when I could buy a house on a credit card. Citibank offered me their black card and I turned it down because the fees were like $250 annually. I did have a Cap One card with no limit but past a certain among I had to pay off the next billing cycle, somewhat like the old American Express or Diner's club cards which really weren't credit, they were just a substitute for cash. I ****ed them all good in 2010 with my highly coveted chapter seven. You know they don't give those out like they used to, but I had a good ass lawyer, in fact he was an ex-IRS agent.

And at the time I had a pretty good job under the table, cash money. I stuck it right up their dupa and as far as I am concerned they had it coming.

But you have alot out there on your site. I browsed around and really I would ever put that much out there, but you do what you want. And really it doesn't mean all that much. I actually kinda respect it in a way because you just put it all out there. That does not make you vulnerable, but then you put your address right out there. I really hope you have a gun because I think you are a good guy. You make your life public in a way I would not.

I started going more public but I used Dropbox to do it. They emailed me saying y public folder was not going to any good anymore, but I think they fired the asshole who thought that stupid **** up. For one, after your username you get a \u in the URL and that is public and I am still seeing them. Maybe they actually read my email to them. But for whatever reason you are paying for 802.11junk.com. I almost wouldn't mind renting soe of that space if there is alot of spare, but I am not so sure we should becoe known associates. You probably lead a pretty clean life while I never cared what was legal or not, and the fact that you live in California and have not killed yourself means that we are different kinds of folks. Of course you knew that anyway.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" Poking around at 802.11junk I found what might be a picture of you, if it is, you look like a terrorist. Let's just hope you are on our side. I also ran across a screenshot from your bank or whatever saying your credit rating is better than like 99 % or whatever than most cocks out there. But then I know that means little, there was a time when I could buy a house on a credit card. Citibank offered me their black card and I turned it down because the fees were like $250 annually. I did have a Cap One card with no limit but past a certain among I had to pay off the next billing-FLLLLLUSH!

What does ANY of this have to do
with the repair of a piece of audio
equipment?! Like I said a dozen or
so replies back: Debate this CRAP
elsewhere!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"What does ANY of this have to do
with the repair of a piece of audio
equipment?! "

This is unmoderated Usenet. If you can't handle it then get the **** out.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jurb... wrote: ""What does ANY of this have to do
with the repair of a piece of audio
equipment?! "

"This is unmoderated Usenet. If you can't handle it then get the **** out. "

_______
There's also something called cogent, on-topic
coversation. If you can't handle THAT then do
likewise.

Now: are there any suitable replacement
lasers for these machines, and tracking
hardware, besides what's already inside
surviving examples of the 101?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/15/2017 8:13 AM, wrote:
This is unmoderated Usenet.
If you can't handle it then get the **** out.

And you've used that as an excuse to blather on non-stop
with your Banty Rooster chest beating about how (in your
eyes) bad assed you are.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Good Christ!!

117 (with this) posts on the subject of a festering pimple that, while a decent tech, would be long-dead were he to pull his **** face-to-face. That he does so from under a nice safe, and quite distant rock is pretty much the only reason for his continuing survival.

Ah, well.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

---------------------------

Now: are there any suitable replacement
lasers for these machines, and tracking
hardware, besides what's already inside
surviving examples of the 101?

** Used examples are being offered on Ebay.

The part number is KSS100A and suits several Sony models.

...... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

---------------------------

"

"** Used examples are being offered on Ebay.

The part number is KSS100A and suits several Sony models.

...... Phil "

______
Thanks! And is there any chance they
might work in some of Sony's 5-CD
carousel players, from the early to
mid-1990s? I have two such machines
that refuse to read a couple of my CDs,
or, if they have tracks extending all the
way out to the edge, the player won't
play the final 2-3 tracks. I have already
tried lubricating the sled tracks, but to
little avail.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Chuck:

The reason I liked the Sony carousels
is that for several model years they
had variable line output - controlled via
the headphone jack volume. Something
about my music sounded better when
I used variable line out set about 1/2 to
3/4 of the way up, vs. full output through
the fixed outs, and just turned my
receiver volume up a bit higher.