Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rust prevention on surfaces... in today's environments

Steve wrote in
:

Puckdropper: Completely agreed. This is exactly why I didn't drop a
tarp onto the table to begin with-- it didn't make sense that it would
prevent moisture-- when condensation forms on metal, it does so
(generally) whether or not there's a light covering over it. But the
plywood... something solid, and of greater weight right over and
against the table surface, this makes sense. My slots may suffer a
bit, but the surface should do well... um,. I think!

Where do you drop pucks, by the way? I gotta get back on the ice. Old
Man, B-, C+ Beer League, more than likely.

I'm in Central Illinois. I no longer drop pucks but spend a lot of time
chasing them.

Hockey's just too much fun to not play. Sounds like you're at a level
where things just start to get fun. The passes are a lot better, guys
recognize they're offsides within milliseconds, and everyone remembers
when they used to suck so the games aren't too serious.

Puckdropper