Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Liquid weld recommendations

On 6/15/2017 5:33 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 6/15/2017 5:58 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Fixing the grill and needed to grind off a couple of badly rusted
screws. Looking for recommendations for 2 part epoxy that can
withstand grill temps up to 600.

I'm not sure I follow...if you grinded off screws, why not replace the
screws?

Neither do I. JB-Weld Highheat is rated at 400 degrees continuous and
up to 550 degrees intermittently.

If you ground off screws, the first thing you should attempt to do is
replace it a SS screw or maybe drill it out and put in a nut & bolt or,
maybe, a stainless steel Pop rivet?

I would really worry, depending upon where the repair is made, about
failure during use and the fire hazard or just trying to implement the
famous (in infamous) "3 Second Rule" when those nice steaks are on the
ground. ;-)