Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default I'm dissapointed

On 06/15/2017 2:45 PM, wrote:
Several days ago I posted a question about hot water recirculation. I
explained what I wanted to do and NOBODY addressed it. There were
fact responses included options which I had explicitly ruled out.
There used to be a wealth of good advice here. What's the problem with
posting something that is appropriate? When folks post questions here
and I think I can help I post replies that actually address the
questions. I don't post ruminations that won't help.
****.
Eric

Well, cussing out the ones who did isn't likely to help, either; as the
other respondents noted, you've pretty-much ruled out any realistic
solution.

I have no solution that meets the spec's, either, but I'd note that the
system even if you were to find a way to make it work is simply an
energy and water drain; you're routinely throwing water down a drain and
reheating its replacement to subsequently cool and be reheated and
replaced yet again. Is a few seconds wait really worth the continuing
cost over the life of the house? You may think so, just noting it won't
be insignificant.

The only really practical solution I'd see would be the one that has
been ruled out--the POS tankless heater.

I'll mark the thread to ignore so won't see the return flames and be
tempted further...