Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sure glad I checked !

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news

I did that on Monday . Cut , split , and stacked a ~60 foot
white oak , was about 16" diameter at the base . Yield was over a
rick (standard 4x4x4 rick , not the "face rick" some up here sell)
... I'm so glad the wife understood why I wanted to drop 500 bucks
on a gas powered log splitter ! Made what would have been 3-4
lonnnnngg days of swingin' a maul into about 2-3 hours work .

--
Snag

Tell her that's a good deal on one that works.

Mine cost $200, the value of the new but defective engine. The rest
was worn out and needed all new seals ($40) and a new pump ($110).
The engine problem was simply a leaky carb float.
-jsw