Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default water well tank waterlogged

On 6/13/2017 8:13 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 9:12:50 AM UTC-4, wrote:

It's just a galvanized tank. It contains no bladder and it has no
schraider valve on top.

Then the plumbing/well guy is probably correct about the tank
water-logging. However I would be very nervous about his suggestion
to drill a small hole in the pipe a few feet below the well head. I
would first try to install a schrader valve at the top of the
galvanized tank. Of course that would require you to periodically
check and recharge the tank air. If that is required too often then
you probably need a new tank.

any tank with air and no bladder will eventually get "water logged" because the air will dissolve into the water over time.

I don't know how long this normally takes but I thought those type of tanks do need to be refilled with air periodically and therefore should have a valve of some kind.

If your tank water logs faster than normal, it may have a tiny leak that allows the air to escape but too small to let much water through.

btw, how do you know that the tank has no bladder?

Not sure to whom you're directing the question but the OP has stated
that it's not a bladder tank, it's a galvanized tank, it has no Schrader
valve on top.

That works for me since I've never seen a bladder tank without a
Schrader valve on top, nor have I seen one that is galvanized. Plus
they typically have a very prominent label indicating they are bladder
tanks, charging instructions, etc.