Posted to alt.home.repair
MarkK[_3_] MarkK[_3_] is offline

Default water well tank waterlogged

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 13:16:33 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 17:09:34 +0000 (UTC), MarkK
wrote:

Hi All,

Put in a new well but the tank is getting waterlogged once a month. A
plumbing supple pro tells me that I need to drill a 3/16" hole in the
drop pipe (below ground) so that a slug of air will be delivered to the
tank every time the pump turns on. A check valve was installed directly
above the submersible pump and a second check value was installed
between the well cap and the tank.

Does drilling a hole in the drop pipe make sense to you?

Is this a bladder tank

No, it's a galvanized tank.