Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Another London attack from religious nutcases

On 11/06/2017 05:37, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 11:23:14 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 11/06/2017 01:46, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 3:14:52 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 20:40:24 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

What if your attacker outweighs you by 45 kg and is 10 cm taller? Plus what if the ****** really, really means to rip your throat out and eat your face? What are you gonna do? Perhaps you could get Trator_4 to call him a racist and he would go away with his feelings hurt? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

I'd be worried he'd steal my gun and shoot me with it. Unless a gun is programmed to only work using your own fingerprints, it's not safe.
--
You don't let the thug get close enough before shooting him in the groin. When he bends down in pain and reaches for his mangled testicles, you shoot him in the head. Self defense with a firearm is easy if you have training and practice at a gun range. ( -_・) ︻デ一

And if he does too?
--

You seem to be making excuses to not be armed. I believe it's ingrained in your culture to be unarmed because the ruling class of royals disarmed you peasants centuries ago. Only the King's knights and soldiers were allowed to have weapons. Fortunately my ancestors from that part of the world left because they didn't like having a boot on their neck and having to bow down to royalty. They fought to be free of the tyranny of a King and go on to build the greatest nation on Earth. In your little island nation, you'll be arrested and charged with a crime if you harm an attacker or home invader. Hell, you'll be charged with a crime if you hurt someone's feelings. I'm so glad I don't live in a place like that. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Glad Monster

Hmm, I've heard that Americans can be arrested just for walking across a
road. Called Jaywalking I believe.

It's something that could happen in a city where there is a lot of vehicular traffic and some idiot pedestrian ignores the crosswalk or the traffic signals. I believe the ordinance is for public safety. If some idiot decides to cross in the middle of a block by running between moving vehicles, the idiot could be run down by a vehicle or cause an accident. If it was up to me, I'd use snipers. There are a lot of military vets who could use a job. ヽ()ノ

[8~{} Uncle Ballistic Monster

Hmm, we can walk across any road freely. The obvious exception being
motorways where no pedestrians are allowed anyway.