Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Another London attack from religious nutcases

I don't pronounce my typing. And when I say things I'd prefer Ess Em
Ell Eee to Short Magazine Lee Enfield as it's way faster to say.

Smellie will do then. I do a lot of work involving ESRI (Environmental
Systems Research Institute), a major player in the GIS field. 15 years
ago you could always tell their employees since they were carefully
trained to say Ee Ess Ar Eye while the rest of the world said ezry.
They've given up lately and now it's only the old timers that spell it out.

Hint: if you don't want people to pronounce your acronym, make it
utterly unpronounceable. They'll still try. There are still oddities. I
think most still spell out SAT for the aptitude test and say elsat for
the lawyer version.