Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BS7671 18th Edition Draft out for comment

On 09/06/17 18:42, ARW wrote:
On 09/06/2017 08:05, Tim Watts wrote:
On 08/06/17 19:11, ARW wrote:
Some IET Regs are - eg bonding and earthing must be brought up to spec
when anything electrical is worked on.

Define "anything electrical is worked on"

Well - properly worked on, for some definition of "properly". As you're
here, would you do the honours

Anything that requires an installation certificate (say a new circuit
adding) would require the main bonding to be brought up to spec.

Minor works such as swapping a light fitting would not.

However I would not swap0 a shower for a like for like if there was no
RCD protection and the main bonding was poor (others might)

On a related note, I have one more job to do under an open building
control job, which is to add lighting to a new shower room and
supplementary bonding. Could you help me please with the paperwork?

I'm fine with the work and the testing, but I am not sure how to do the
certification, given I've already signed an EIC and handed in, plus I
hired a sparky to lay in the lighting in the rest of the place to save
time and his bit is directly notified.

Is this a MWC or an EIC - and if an EIC, do you just record the one
circuit affected or do you record all circuits - and if the latter are
you expected to retest all of them?

Cheers,

Tim