Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Riding mower won't start

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 05:42:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

That's what my buddy and I think...I've traced gas from tank to carb, got gas until it reaches the carb. Carb is bone dry, and no gas dripping in when it starts....(have to use starting fluid ) stalls as soon as the starting fluid burns off.

Thing is this doesn't have a normal carb bowl, it had a small electronic part on the bottom? With a green connection that just hangs there? It looks like it should plug into something, but I can't see where...going to check diagrams now....thanks people, y'all rock!

That is an electric pilot valve which MUST have power for the engine
to run. Remove it and the bowl to see if the bowl is dry. If so, the
needle is stuck or plugged. If not, put 12 volts to the pilot and see
what happens. (or get a main jet/bolt from a similar carb without the
pilot valve)