Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Question for T

My Snark digital tuner really helps with the twelve string but I
wouldn't want to tackle a harp.Now a harp and tin whistle duet would
be something to hear. Maybe 'Minstrel Boy'?

Add in bagpipes and you've got a band that would sound like music to
frighten even the devil ;-)
BTW, I've got two acoustic six stringers, one's a Gretch jumbo and the
other is a round backed Ovation. Sold my Telecaster when I gave up
playing in bands many moons ago.
Had a 12 string many moons ago, great sound, but I seemed to spend half
the time retuning it, so I sold it.
What 12 stringer have you got?

Epiphone DR-212. Mine is from Indonesia but i think the newer ones are
from China. It's not a Gibson Hummingbird but then it's not $3600
either. Comes right down to it I've got a J-45 I bought in '63 or so but
my go to 6 string is a Yamaha.

I mess around with whistles and an Irish flute but no way would I do
bagpipes. Maybe Uilleann pipes are a little more civilized but I
understand they are a pain in the ass to keep tuned. At least they have
more than nine notes. We have a local bagpipe band that shows up at odd
times. A little goes a long ways.

I've played a few Yammahas and they seemed ok.