Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Red and black wires

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 5:48:36 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2017 12:30 PM, wrote:

[snip]

It happens a lot, particularly on old 2 wire systems. Before polarized
plugs became the norm (~1970s), it was not even important to keep the
hot and neutral straight. When I was a kid, there was no silver screw
on the receptacles in our house and both slots were the same size.
(house built in the 40s)

IIRC the only place I've seen non-polarized 120V plugs or receptacles
recently is on miniature holiday lights. Maybe that's to keep you from
using the receptacle on the end of the string for anything but another
light string.

Cell phone/iPad chargers