TURTLE

Default Firewood question--Holly

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
I just cut down a very large holly tree and was wondering if I can burn
the wood in my fireplace. Does anyone know if it's safe/worth doing?

Thanks,
Mark

this is Turtle.

Like andy said Don't let the splitter know the type wood and hide / burn the
leaves and small limbs and have him split it before it drys too much for he
may quite you when he has hell popping it.

Now i would suggest waiting till next winter before burning it a fire place.
i have a brother in law that fools with fire wood and he said the harder
type of wood like holly will burn with sap coming out and will smoke up the
fire place if you don't have it real dry for the sap to burn as a solid fuel
with the woods it'self. If the sap runs out, it will smoke up things a good
bit. If it is dry as hell it will be good.

TURTLE