Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

On 06/03/2017 11:11 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 08:33:53 -0400, Filiberto
wrote:

On 06/02/2017 10:12 PM,
wrote:
The "up time" on my Windows boxes has regularly exceded 6 months -
and then all I do is reboot - and it's not because it locked up.

Windows Update often forces a reboot. Admittedly I don't track reboot
dates/times but don't recall ever going longer than 2 weeks.

There ARE ways to update "on the fly" and I often let the updates
that require reboots to accumulate for a few months before installing
them. It is only the updates that cause me to reboot - not failures,
generally speaking

Running a system with known security holes seems foolish to me...but I'm
sure you've got an excuse for that too.