Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Question for T

On 06/03/2017 02:52 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 2:57:23 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/03/2017 05:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
How about the Transubstantiation?
Does the Host taste of meat?

You need a course in Aristotelian philosophy as filtered through Thomas
Aquinas. The essence is changed, the accidents remain the same.

What is a chair? Assuming you have a wooden Adirondack chair where is
the chair? Is it in the accidents? If you are cold and break the chair
up and build a fire, is it still a chair or firewood? For extra points,
after it burns what is it? Was there ever a chair? What was the original
essence of a wafer of unleavened bread?

Sorry, man. I live in the here and now. I sit on chairs; I don't
contemplate their essence.

That's the problem with atheists -- they're boring. Keep taking those
blue pills.